Sunday 23 November 2014

Sew Together bag

I really *heart* this bag! It's a great pattern, and works really well.  I chose linen for my bag outer, with some Liberty lawn scraps on the front, Liberty lawn binding, and for the inside pockets I've used a mixture of Kaffe Fasset shot cottons and more Liberty lawn.

P1060049.JPG

The pattern does use a lot of zips, but to great effect.  If you're not sure about sewing zips in when you start, you will be by the end of this!  I really liked how the bag turns into a round-shaped thing when it's finished, even though it only uses straight seams, and the extra-long top zip lets the bag open really wide.

P1060059.JPG

I chose to stitch the second edge of my binding down by hand, as I wasn't sure I could do it completely neatly by machine.

P1060063.JPG

To me this bag turned out perfectly.  Liberty lawn makes anything look good, and mixed with linen it's divine!  Try some today!

1 comment:

  1. Can you tell me where I can purchase this pattern please? Kind regards

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...